This banana bread will become your favorite recipe, and you will be using it for years. This is one of those classic recipes that you will know by heart, like a recipe for a good borscht or your favorite jelly. One of the most popular recipes on this website!
Subscribe to our pages to not miss new recipes
How to bake banana bread
To begin with, we will need banana purée. You can use an electric mixer to mash bananas! Smash or cut the bananas into large pieces and place in the bowl of a stand mixer, or use a regular bowl and hand mixer. Start mixing on low speed, then gradually increase to high speed as the bananas break down into banana purée. Transfer the bananas to another bowl and use that bowl to mix the butter and sugar. (There’s no need to peel it—a bit of mashed banana scraps is fine.)
Other ingredients for banana bread:
- Butter: Use softened butter for a soft texture and incredible flavor.
- Brown Sugar: Use brown sugar in this recipe. Thanks to it, the bread will be soft and delicious. If it is not available, you can replace it with ordinary white sugar.
- Eggs: They give cakes, muffins, breads, dough, and cookies stability and structure, as well as a delicate texture. For this, you will need 2 large eggs.
- Sour Cream or Yogurt: You can use anything as an interchangeable ingredient in most baking recipes.
- For banana nut bread, add 3/4 cup of chopped nuts to the banana bread batter; Better to use pecans or walnuts. If you’re not a fan of nuts, feel free to skip this step or substitute chocolate chips.
All in all, this is a simple recipe for classic banana bread. The dough takes about 10 minutes to make, the bread stays moist for days, and nothing beats the smell of fresh banana bread in the oven.
Simple banana bread recipe
Please leave a comment on the website or share this recipe on social media.
Easy banana bread recipe
With its texture, buttery banana and brown sugar flavor, and incredibly soft crumb, this is the ultimate banana bread recipe. To start, you will need 4 ripe bananas.
- Flour – 500 gr. (2 cups (0.47 l))
- Soda – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 tsp.
- Butter – 115 gr. (1/2 cup)
- Dark brown sugar – 150 gr. (you can also use white)
- Eggs – 2 pcs. large
- Natural yogurt or sour cream – 80 gr. (1/3 cup)
- Bananas – 4 pcs. large (460 g of banana purée should be obtained)
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp.
- Walnuts – 100 gr. (Optional)
Using a food processor, blender, or mixer, make banana purée and place in a separate bowl.
Place the oven rack on the third position from the bottom and preheat the oven to 180 °C (356 °F). Grease a 22.5×12.5 cm metal loaf pan with oil. Put it aside for now.
Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
Using a hand or stand mixer, or a whisk, beat together the butter and brown sugar on high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
On medium speed, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat yogurt, banana purée, and vanilla extract on medium speed until smooth.
With the mixer on low speed, combine the dry ingredients with the wet, slowly adding the dry mixture to the bowl of the mixer. Until the mass becomes homogeneous without lumps.
Pour the dough into the prepared baking dish and bake for 60–65 minutes.
After 30 minutes, cover the bread loosely with aluminum foil to prevent the top and sides from browning too much.
To check if the bread is ready, insert a toothpick, if it remains clean, the bread is ready. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool completely in the pan.
Cover and store banana bread at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Banana bread tastes best on day 2, after the flavors of all the ingredients have melded.
Brown Sugar: this is a not-too-sweet quick bread. If you want a sweeter banana bread, increase to 1 cup (200 grams) of brown sugar. You can also replace some or all of the brown sugar with regular white sugar.
Serving Size1 loaf
Amount Per Serving Calories 166Total Fat 1gSodium 226mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 2gSugar 20gProtein 3g
Other recipes on our site might interest you – Lamb salad, baked lamb.
Subscribe to our social media pages to get recipes – Facebook, Telegram, Instagram or Twitter.